Booking a Hotel in Amherst, MA
Amherst is located in the Pioneer Valley of Western Massachusetts and offers abundant educational and cultural opportunities for visitors.
Amherst College has much to offer including the Beneski Museum of Natural History, which is the area’s largest natural history museum with three floors of exhibits and 1,700 specimens on display. Be sure to check out the Museum’s collection of dinosaur footprints and the mineral collection, which includes meteorites. Amherst College is also host to the Emily Dickenson Museum, the birthplace and home of the famous poet, which offers exhibits, guided tours, and a bookshop.
The Eric Carle Museum of Picture Book Art, founded by children’s book author Eric Carle, is the perfect family destination with exhibits that celebrate picture books and illustrations from around the world.
Downtown Amherst with its unique mix of culture and history is a great place for shopping, eating out, or relaxing in a park. Enjoy the outdoors at Mount Holyoke Range State Park, an immense 3,000-acre park formed millions of years ago by lava flows and more recently by glaciers. Today it offers over 30 miles of trails for outdoor activities including hiking, viewing vistas, cross-country skiing, horseback riding, and hunting.
- Amethyst Brook Conservation Area
- Amherst Cinema Arts Center
- Beneski Museum of Natural History
- Emily Dickinson Museum
- Eric Carle Museum of Picture Book Art
- Groff Park
- Kendrick Park
- Mead Art Museum
- Mill River Recreation Area
- Mount Holyoke Range State Park
- Puffer's Pond Swimming Area
- Puffers Pond
- Strong House
- Theodore Baird Residence
- W. E. B. Du Bois Library
- Yiddish Book Center
- Athol Hospital
- Baystate Mary Lane Hospital
- Baystate Medical Center
- Cooley Dickinson Hospital
- Holyoke Medical Center
- Shriners Hospitals for Children
- Western Massachusetts Hospital
- Bradley International Airport
- Northampton Airport
- Westover Metro Airport-CEF
- Hanscom Air Force Base
- US Army Garrison - Fort Devens
- Westover Air Reserve Base
Accessing TravNow Member Benefits...
this may take a few seconds