Booking a Hotel in Athol, MA
" data-layout="standard" data-action="like" data-show-faces="true">
Athol is a fun community that is known for its natural beauty and its plethora of recreational opportunities.
The Bearsden Forest Conservation Area, a historic wilderness area, is the perfect outdoor destination offering trails, camping sites, bridges, old quarries, ponds, and brooks. The town offers plenty of local entertainment including the town’s Summerfest and the River Rat Race.
The River Rat Race, the town's largest event, is a local canoe race where thousands of spectators watch along the banks of the Millers River as more than 300 canoes race from Athol to Orange. There is a full day of fun with a parade in the morning before the race and a carnival held at the Lord Pond Plaza.
The Athol Historical Society, housed in the old town hall in uptown Athol, offers a museum where visitors get a chance to look at the town’s storied past. The Historical Society also provides guided tours of local historic sites.
- Bearsden Forest Conservation Area
- Doane's Falls Reservation
- Flat Rock Disc Golf Course
- Historic Athol Station
- Lake Dennison Recreation Area
- Millers River Environmental Center
- Millers River Wildlife Management Area
- Silver Lake Park Playground
- Skyfields: Willis Woods Loop Trail and Arboretum
- The Athol Historical Society
- Tully Lake
- Athol Hospital
- Bradley International Airport
- Manchester-Boston Regional Airport
- Westover Metro Airport-CEF
- Worcester Regional Airport - ORH
- Hanscom Air Force Base
- US Army Garrison - Fort Devens
- Westover Air Reserve Base
Accessing TravNow Member Benefits...
this may take a few seconds