Booking a Hotel in Kankakee, IL
Kankakee, Illinois is located in Kankakee County and approximately 60 miles south of Chicago and 38 miles southeast of Joliet. If you happen to be in the area during the summer, the Chicago Bears hold their training camp every summer at Olivet Nazarene University. Also, on campus is the Strickler Planetarium. Immersive yourself as never before in a three-dimensional visualization of the solar system, the galaxy and beyond.
Take the family to Perry Farm Park known for its dynamic 170-acre recreation area carved into one of the most beautiful settings in the state. The park offers paved trails, picnic areas, farm animals, fruit tree orchards, memorial rose garden and notably Indian Caves. The Bourbonnais Geologic area locally known at the Indian Caves are located off the trails near the Kankakee River. The Caves are small and narrow and not easily accessible for people to explore but provide a beautiful backdrop for a memorable photographic moment.
An unusual attraction awaits at Haigh Quarry, Scuba Diving. This once abandoned quarry, now filled with spring water is now a Scuba Diving destination enjoyed by all.
- Classic Cinemas Paramount Theatre
- Exploration Station
- Haigh Quarry
- Indian Caves
- Kankakee County Convention & Visitors Bureau
- Kankakee Model Railroad Club
- Kankakee River State Park
- Meadowview Theatre: Classic Cinemas
- Perry Farm Park
- Willowhaven Nature Center
- Kankakee Community College
- Bourbonnais Grove Historical
- Kankakee County Museum
- Presence St. Mary's Hospital
- Riverside Medical Center
- Bolingbrook's Clow International Airport
- Lewis University Airport
- US Army Reserve Training Center
Accessing TravNow Member Benefits...
this may take a few seconds