Booking a Hotel in Lynchburg, VA
Lynchburg, Virgina is located in the foothills of the magnificent Blue Ridge Mountains along the banks of the James River. Known as the"City of Seven Hills" or also commonly called "Hill City." Take a short drive to a National Historic Landmark Poplar Forest, this plantation and plantation house was designed by Thomas Jefferson and used as a private retreat and a revenue making an opportunity. Guided tours are offered dedicated to the main retreat house and enslaved community, and restoration, archaeological work.
A very popular family destination is the Amazement Square, the Rightmire Children's Museum. This award-winning hands-on children's museum offers four floors of interactive exhibits all designed to make learning fun. Paint on walls, explore life on the farm, endless maze of slides, ladders, and tunnels and even a zip line!
Head on to another family fun place the Putt-Putt Fun Center featuring go-karts, multi-level laser tag arena, bumper cars and boats, and much much more.
- Amazement Square, The Rightmire Children's Museum
- Blackwater Creek Natural Area
- FunQuest Family Entertainment Center
- Maier Museum of Art
- One Way Out - Lynchburg, VA Escape Room
- Percival's Island Natural Area
- Point of Honor
- Putt Putt Fun Center
- Riverside Park
- The Anne Spencer House & Garden Museum
- The Craddock Terry Hotel
- Thomas Jefferson's Poplar Forest
- Centra Lynchburg General Hospital
- Lynchburg Regional Airport
- Bedford Air Force Station
Accessing TravNow Member Benefits...
this may take a few seconds