Booking a Hotel in Oakland Park, FL
Oakland Park was formally named Floranada, a mixture of Florida and Canada. A hurricane in 1926 forced the town into bankruptcy and reincorporated into Oakland Park. A very popular destination in Oakland Park is the Funky Buddha Brewery, located in the new Culinary Arts District. Stop and sample their bold craft beers at the taproom which is open 7-days a week until midnight.
For some outdoor fun, take a day with your dog and head on over to Tiger Trail Dog Lake which is home to the cleanest freshwater dog lake in the county. The lake is open year around, and dog obedience classes are offered for puppies and adults.
For more outdoor excitement, Easterlin Park, which sits on 46.6 acres of urban wilderness area is mixed in with 250-year-old Cypress trees. The park offers geocaching, sports courts, playgrounds, and campgrounds with full hookups, picnic tables, and grills.
Whether you are looking for great dining opportunities, shopping, our outdoor fun, Oakland Park is not to be missed!
See More Cities
Top Things to Do in Oakland Park, FL
- Xtreme Scare Park
- AMC Dine-in Theatres Coral Ridge 10
- Atlantic Coast Kayak Company
- Butterfly World
- Camp Live Oak
- Easterlin Park
- Funky Buddha Brewery
- Grand Plaza at Jaco Pastorius Park
- Hugh Taylor Birch State Park
- Lauderhill Sports Park
- OAKLAND PARK BARK PARK
- Urban Farming Institute
- Veteran's Park
Hospitals Near Oakland Park, FL
- North Ridge Internal Medicine Associates PA
Airports Near Oakland Park, FL
- Fort Lauderdale Executive Airport
- Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport
Military Bases Near Oakland Park, FL
- Colonel Kenneth P. Williams United States Army Reserve Center
- US Coast Guard District 7