Booking a Hotel in Portsmouth, VA
Portsmouth, Virginia is located in the Hampton Roads Metropolitan area. The Norfolk Naval Shipyard aka the Norfolk Navy Yard is an active U.S. Navy facility located in Portsmouth vice Norfolk. The area is rich with Naval history, take a visit to a Historic Battleship nearby the USS Wisconsin (BB-64) at The National Maritime Center in Norfolk. Decommissioned in 1991 earning six battle stars for her service in World War II, Korean War, and Gulf War. While aboard take on the new and exciting one hour challenge, Escape Ship Captain's Challenge. Just next door is the Nauticus a maritime-themed science center and museum featuring hands-on exhibits, interactive theaters, and much much more.
An excellent time for kids awaits at the Children's Museum of Virginia located in Olde Town Portsmouth. Fun time to be had here with a life-size tug boat, bubble play area and live size house and much much more. Step out into Olde Towne Historic District featuring encompassing 89 buildings primarily known as "basement houses." Old Towne features many shops, restaurants, and attractions.
- Children's Museum of Virginia
- Hoffler Creek Wildlife Foundation
- Lightship Portsmouth Museum
- Portsmouth City Park
- Portsmouth Pavilion
- The Commodore Theatre
- USS Wisconsin BB-64
- Virginia Sports Hall of Fame and Museum
- Bon Secours Maryview Medical Center
- Naval Medical Center Portsmouth
- Norfolk International Airport
- Defense Securtiy Services
- Expeditionary Warfare Training Group Atlantic
- Joint Expeditionary Base Little Creek-Fort Story
- NIOC Norfolk
Accessing TravNow Member Benefits...
this may take a few seconds