Booking a Hotel in Tavares, FL
Tavares is a scenic town to the northwest of Orlando that is surrounded by beautiful lakes making it the ideal place to enjoy the outdoors.
Tavares is known as America’s Seaplane City with its abundant opportunities to enjoy a seaplane ride. The Seaplane Base & Marina located in Wooten Park is a perfect place to enjoy this different aspect of Tavares. The Seaplane Base & Marina host exciting events throughout the year including Seaplane-A-Palooza Fly-In with contests in fastest takeoff, spot and accuracy landing, and the watermelon “bomb drop.”
Wooten Park also offers visitors many other amenities including playgrounds, a children’s splash park, and a fishing pier. Visitors will also enjoy the park's steam train rides, ghost tours, eco boat tours, and pro shop general store.
Lake Idamere Park is another beautiful lakeside park where visitors can canoe or kayak on the lake, hike the nature trails, play on the playground, or watch a game on the Miracle Field & Track.
- Aesops Park
- Bartholomew's Yesteryear Boat
- Discovery Gardens
- Emeralda Marsh Conservation Area
- Far Reach Ranch - U-Pick Heavenly Blueberries
- Fred Stover Park Sports Complex
- Hickory Point Recreation Park
- Jungle Zone
- Lady of the Lakes RenFair
- Lake County Parks & Trails
- Lake Idamere Park
- Premier Boat Tours
- Summerall Park
- The Miracle Field at Lake Idamere Park
- Wooton Park
- Florida Hospital Waterman
- Leesburg International Airport
- Orlando International Airport
- Orlando Sanford International Airport
- Naval Air Warfare Center Navy Base In Orlando
Accessing TravNow Member Benefits...
this may take a few seconds