Booking a Hotel in Winchester, VA
Founded in the early 18th century, Winchester has been a site for the French and Indian War, Revolutionary War and the Civil War. Located in northern Virginia and bordering West Virginia, it’s home to five important Civil War forts along with a myriad of other battle and war sites. With so much history in and around Winchester, there is no shortage of historic sites to visit.
Whether you want history, festivals, museums or just a perfect home base for exploring the area, Winchester, Virginia has something for you. An historic city, Front Royal is a great place to visit museums, historic homes and sites, parks and so much more.
If you have an American history enthusiast with you, there is no shortage of things to pique their interests. Whether it’s an historic state park, battlefield tour, or a stroll in the downtown historic district, Winchester is full of experiences to take part in.
With museums, history, outdoor adventures and a host of yearly local festivals, Winchester is definitely a city not to be missed.
- James Charles Winery & Vineyard
- Jim Barnett Park
- Rinker Orchards
- Shenandoah Valley Discovery Museum
- Wilson's Wild Animal Park
- Winchester House
- Winchester-Frederick County Visitor Center
- Byrd School of Business
- Lord Fairfax Community College
- Shenandoah University
- Fort Collier Civil War Center
- George Washington's Office
- Museum of the Shenandoah Valley
- Old Court House Civil War Museum
- Patsy Cline Historic House
- Stonewall Jackson's Headquarters
- The Kernstown Battlefield
- Third Battlefield of Winchester Battlefield Park
- UVA Children's Hospital
- Winchester Medical Center
- Winchester Regional Airport
- US Air Force 167th Airlift Wing
Accessing TravNow Member Benefits...
this may take a few seconds