India's Incredible Destinations
Mesmerizing, exotic, and historic yet viewed by some as chaotic and overwhelming, these enigmatic and conflicting features make India inevitably appealing. To say that India is big and vast is an understatement. After all, India used to be a subcontinent. Its size makes way for a wide variety of activities it can offer to its eager visitors from frolocking along its coastline, trekking the Himalayas, boating along its backwaters, or discovering jaw-dropping structures left by the Mughal Empire. See the Taj Mahal, stay in a former palace, join a yoga retreat-- India will let you experience what royal treatment is all about and at the same time, let you get out of your comfort zone. These are just one of the many reasons that shaped the nation to what travelers know as incredible India.
Before Flying to India
After booking your hotel in India with TravNow, apply for a Tourist e-visa online, not later than 4 days before your flight. E-visa is offered to most countries like USA, UK, Norway, and Philippines. India is highly accessible to international tourists with up to 20 international airports from the biggest airport, Indira Gandhi International Airport to Jaipur International Airport. India has a 10 hour difference from the US with flights from New York to New Delhi taking up to 14 hours. Local currency is the Indian rupee.
Top Things to do in India
Offering a long list of potential activities and attractions to visit, deciding on what to do during your trip to India can be daunting and confusing, especially for first-time visitors. Take a look at the list below and check out your preference and interest and then plan for the destinations that you will be visiting. Top destinations include Agra, New Delhi, Kerala, Dajeerling, and Jaipur. Whether you are planning a DIY India tour or signing up for holidays packages in India, you can be assured to enjoy what you really want to do whle in India.
Here are some activities waiting for you in India:
- Golden Triangle. First-time visitors and those who want to get a full taste of India for a short and quick trip, should visit its three top destinations - New Delhi, Agra, and Jaipur. New Delhi as the capital is a must-stop while Agra has the famous Taj Mahal and Agra Fort while Jaipur is famous as the " Pink City" with forts and crafts to check out.
- World Heritage Sites. India beckons culture lovers and history buffs with its 36 UNESCO World Heritage Sites from forts to buildings built during the height of the Mughal empire. Not just historic, but these intricately-adorned palaces abd structures are considered visual art treasures.
- Temples. India is predominantly Hindu, but it is the birthplace of Buddhism and the center of then Muslim-ruled Mughal empire along with other sects like Hare Krishna. With this, India never runs out of awe-inspiring temples that are not just religious structures but stand-alone art museums. Scattered allover the country are holy sites for the Buddhists, Hindus, Sikhs and other religious groups.
- Beaches. Head south, find solace from the Indian heat as you check out India's coastline with Goa as the most popular.
- Kerala Backwaters. The province of Kerala is distinct with its backwaters and houseboats - something that tourists shouldn't skip. See and observe local life as you drift along the water parallel to the Arabian coast.
- Trekking. For those who want to opposite direction, the northern region of India is where trekking and hikers can enjoy the crowd. The country is one of the gateway to the Himalayas. India's top trekking trails are found in Manali and Rishikesh.
- Wildlife. India's juggle is home to a wide variety of species, many of them from endangered species like the one-horned rhino and Bengal tigers. Madhya Pradesh and Rajasthan is home to national parks for visitors to get closer to animals like lions and wild elephants. In India, visitors can enjoy more than observation or petting. Have you tried, beach walking with a well-trained elephant? How about camel trekking in one of the deserts of India?
- Shopping. Book with TravNow and use your savings to shop for crafts, jewelries, textiles, kaftans, and other sourvenirs to bring home from India.
- Indian cuisine. Savor local cuisine is a vital part of any travel and you don't have to be a foodie. There is more to Indian cuisine than curry and spicy dishes. Try its sweets as well as local tea.
Where to Stay: Hotels in India
For a country so big with different cities serving as India's most-visited destination, make hotel search convenient by browsing our collection of hotels. Hotels in India range from small independent hotels to luxurious palaces-turn hotels. Business hotels are mostly from international chains and quite appealing to international tourists. Here are some of top-rated hotels in India that you can book through TravNow.
Umaid Bhawan Palace is one of the palace-turned hotel properties in India. Such accommodation provide not just restful lodging in India, but a unique experience. Umaid Bhawan is more than a bed, breakfast, and personalized service but letting each of their guest experience the histroy and heritage of the property. Guests feels like living in a magical dream staying in property that is not just grand but built with superb architecture.
The Oberoi Reajvilas let its guests experience luxury that India is known for yet still has a touch of tranquility. It is luxury yet guests still feel a touch of homey vibe. The whole property is beautifully fitted with the right fixtures. Amenities include a pool, movie theater, gift shops, in-house restaurants with services include babysitting and concierge.
A beachfront property, Taj Exotica Resort & Spa Goa offers large rooms all fitted with air-conditioner, Wi-Fi, in-room movies, and coffee/tea-making facilities. The property is close to Goa's best beaches namely, Varca Beach and Vaddi Beach. At the resort, guests can enjoy delectable cuisine and different recreational facilities from their outdoor pool to tennis court. After a long day at the beach and exploring nearby attractions, guests can relax with a pampering massage.
Sofitel Mumbai BKC is the property for those who will be staying in India's prime business destination. As part of a world-reknowned international chain, guests can expect the same line of service and amenities from other Sofitel properties around the world. Great location with vegetarian dishes served at its restaurant, Sofitel Mumbai is a pet-friendly hotel in India. Some of the amenities and services are on-site restaurant, pool, ATM, gym, and massage center.
Another international chain hotel in India is Courtyard by Marriot Agra. Agra is one of the top destinations in India and this hotel goes beyond the Courtyard signature services by offering amenities that can at par to that of a luxury resort like body scrubs, live entertainment, and indoor Jacuzzi.