Booking a Hotel in Richmond, VA
Richmond is the Capitol of the Commonwealth of Virginia, located on the fall line of the James River and approximately 44 miles west of Williamsburg. The area is rich with history and can be embraced at the Maymont. Start your visit at the Robins Nature and Visitor Center where you can find a path enjoying wildlife exhibits at the Maymont Farm. Plant lovers will enjoy the Japanese and Italian gardens eventually ending up at the Maymont Mansion.
Another historically significant place to visit is the Edgar Allan Poe Museum. The museum holds one of the world's largest collections of original manuscripts, first editions, letters, memorabilia and personal belongings of the American writer.
A trip to the States Capitol City would not be complete without a visit to Capitol Square. Situated on 12-acres featuring many monuments and honored memorial trees. The Capitol Building is open to visitors Monday through Saturday with self-guided and guided tours.
- Agecroft Hall
- American Civil War Museum- Historic Tredegar
- Children's Museum of Richmond
- Lewis Ginter Botanical Garden
- Metro Richmond Zoo
- Robert E Lee Memorial
- The American Civil War Museum- White House and Museum of the Confederacy
- The Byrd Theatre
- The Edgar Allan Poe Museum
- The John Marshall House
- Three Lakes Park & Nature Center
- Virginia Museum of Fine Arts
- Virginia State Capitol
- Bon Secours St. Mary's Hospital
- Henrico Doctors' Hospital
- Hunter Holmes McGuire VA Medical Center
- Richmond International Airport
- Quantico Station
- US Army Garrison Fort A.P. Hill
Accessing TravNow Member Benefits...
this may take a few seconds